Norfolk Parent Partnership Logo
Norfolk Parent Partnership
top line
 Home  line spacer  Jargon Buster  line spacer  Contact Us  line spacer  Feedback  line spacer  Site Map line spacer Policies Search:   Search Site 
top line
Who Are We?
Notice Board
Useful Links
Independent Parental Supporters
Print This Page

Link to facebook

Our booklet "What if we cannot Agree" explains what you can do if you have a disagreement with either your child's school or the Local Authority. You may wish to use a mediation service (also known as disagreement resolution).

Mediation Works is a special educational needs mediation service which is impartial and independent. The mediator will arrange a meeting with everyone concerned so that their views can be heard. The meeting will be held in a place away from home, school and the Local Authority's office.

The mediator is there to help all sides to express their views and enable them to come to an agreement.

If you are appealing to the tribunal, using Mediation Works does not affect your right of appeal but can work alongside the tribunal process.

Mediation Works can help with:

  • Disagreement with your child's school
  • Refusal to carry out Statutory Assessment by the Local Authority
  • Disagreement over what the statement says
  • School Placement

Link to download a leaflet about Mediation Works.

To contact Mediation Works ring 01952 275038
or email:
More information about Mediation Works service can be found on their website: