Parent Partnership
Norfolk Parent Partnership
 Home  spacer  Jargon Buster  spacer  Contact Us  spacer  Feedback  spacer  Site Map Search:  Search Site 
Who Are We?
Notice Board
Annual Review
Statutory Assessments
Exclusions from School
Funding in mainstream schools
Helping Children in Pre-School
Helping Children in School
Support & Information
Finding out about a school
What if we cannot agree
Working together to help your child
Useful Links
Independent Parental Supporters
Print This Page
Working Together to Help Your Child
   Back to First Page   What if I have to meet with teachers or other professionals?

What if I have a concern about my child's progress?

Boy & Girl
Bullet Point
Meet with your child's teacher
Bullet Point
If you are still concerned or if things are not clear, talk to your child's teacher again.
Bullet Point
Ask to meet with the Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO) if he or she is involved with your child
Bullet Point
You may wish to speak to your child's head of year or the Head Teacher
Bullet Point

You can contact the Governor who has responsibility for special educational needs (SEN) if you have any concerns about the provision for SEN in School. You can do this by contacting the school secretary


Before talking to anyone it is helpful to think about what you want to say and ask. You could make some notes to help you remember.


Parent Partnership has produced some booklets about helping children in pre-school, nursery and playgroup and helping children in school. These will tell you about how schools can help children, for example your child may have an individual education plan (IEP).


Back to Top of Page