Parent Partnership
Norfolk Parent Partnership
 Home  spacer  Jargon Buster  spacer  Contact Us  spacer  Feedback  spacer  Site Map Search:  Search Site 
Who Are We?
Notice Board
Annual Review
Statutory Assessments
Exclusions from School
Funding in mainstream schools
Helping Children in Pre-School
Helping Children in School
Support & Information
Finding out about a school
What if we cannot agree
Working together to help your child
Useful Links
Independent Parental Supporters
Print This Page

Information and Support for Parents and Carers

Finding out what help is available

Why might I need information and support?

Boy & Girl

You may have worries or concerns about areas of your child's educational development and want to know how best to support him or her.

Who can give me information and support in the Early Years?

Boy & Girl with Kite
Bullet Point
Your health visitor or GP
Bullet Point
The staff at your child's pre-school setting

Who do I ask in school for information and support?

Bullet Point
Your child's class teacher
Bullet Point
The Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO)
Bullet Point
The Headteacher
Bullet Point
The Governor with responsibility for special educational needs

Where can I get information and support about post 16 choices?

Boy at Computer
Bullet Point Your local careers office:  
Dereham TelephoneTel:
01362 694939
Great Yarmouth TelephoneTel:
01493 845400
King's Lynn TelephoneTel:
01553 666500
North Walsham TelephoneTel:
01692 408200
Norwich TelephoneTel:
01603 215300
Thetford TelephoneTel:
01842 855800
Bullet Point
The Connexions Service

What other people and organisations can provide information and support?

Bullet Point
Norfolk Parent Partnership on 01603 704070
Bullet Point

Many are listed in local telephone directories or your local library. The 'ASK' handbook lists many local and national organisations. To contact 'ASK' call 01603 761333. You can also ask us at Parent Partnership.

Back to Top of Page