Norfolk Parent Partnership Logo
Norfolk Parent Partnership
 Home  spacer  Jargon Buster  spacer  Contact Us  spacer  Feedback  spacer  Site Map line spacer Policies Search:   Search Site 
Who Are We?
Notice Board
Useful Links
Independent Parental Supporters
Print This Page

Link to facebook
Jargon Buster
A, B, C D, E, F G, H, I J, K, L
M, N, O P, Q, R S, T, U, V W, X, Y, Z
Boy Thinking
Educational settings often use abbreviations and words that are hard to understand.
Listed below are some explanations for commonly used terms.

A doctor specialising in the health needs of babies and children.

Parent Partnership Services

Parent Partnership services provide support and information to parents and carers whose children have special educational needs. They provide neutral and factual support to help parents play an active and informed role in their child's education. Although funded by the LA, they provide a service to parents at arms length from the authority.

Parent Support Advisor (PSA)

Employed by the school to support families whose children attend their school. Not all schools have them.

Physiotherapist (Physio)

A health care professional that uses physical approaches to promote well-being. They often work closely with the OTs.


Home-based educational support for pre-school children with special educational needs.

Pupil Referral Unit (PRU)

A specially organised school for children who need different support. This may be because of illness, exclusion or any other reason.


Back to Top of Page